April 4, 2012

real live goblins + the creepy 1920's.
































































































































































































This post combines two of my favorite things in all the world; this poem, which has been a favorite of mine since childhood, and these incredibly gothic (and artful!) vintage mug shots, which you can read all about here. Little Orphant Annie was a poem that I made my parents read to me every night before I went to sleep. It scared me. It sent icy lightening chills up and down my spine, and I loved it. 

There is nothing quite like being a child and afraid... 

it's exciting. 

It's dark and magical and blackandsilversparkles all at once. 

with cobwebs and shadows and creaking floorboards in the night.

 and even when it's painful, 

it's rather like a poem.



Sometimes, in these days of becoming an imaginary grownup, I miss being that afraid...








2 comments:

be my pen pal...